activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REPORT] Apache ActiveMQ - October 2011
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 06:36:06 GMT
Just an additional note about the LGPL from my point of view, as you
may wonder if there is a problem in Apache Camel also.

In the Camel PMC we have discussed and looked into this. I have put
the Camel PMC mail on CC on this mail.

It's not an issue with the Apache Camel releases as we do not include
the LGPL binaries in the releases.

The issue was because ActiveMQ included the Camel web-console (eg a
WAR file) in the distribution, and the camel-web console
included some jruby LGPL JAR files.

The Apache Camel distribution (eg the ZIP / tarball) have never (to my
knowledge) included the Camel web-console (eg a WAR file).
People had to build or download (from Maven) the console if they
wanted to use it.

There is a pre-build Camel web-console (eg the WAR file) in the Maven
Central repo though, but its my understanding that this is outside of
ASF.
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/camel/camel-web/2.4.0/

The camel-web console have from Camel 2.5.0 onwards been refactored to
use Scalete as web framework, and the LGPL JARs
is no longer in use.

--
Claus Ibsen