activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "singaravelu.subu" <singaravelu.s...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 5.5 sends infinite duplicate message
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 01:04:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Active MQ 5.5. In one of my sample project, when I was
experimenting with Queue, I observed the activeMQ server was sending the
same message over and over infinitely to the consumer.

Here are observations:

1. The Admin console always shows one pending message in the queue and never
gone to zero. When I looked at the subscriber, the number of messages
received were more and out of those messages, I could see only one message
repeated many times.

2. The broker never sent this problematic message alone to the subscriber.
It always sent this message along with the new message reaching the queue.
ie, when the publisher post a new message to the queue, the subscriber
receives two message, one is actual message (new) and the other is
problematic message (one got stuck in queue).

3. Though for how many number of times the problematic message is send, the
Admin console always said one pending message in the queue and the consumer
don't receive it unless a new message reaches the queue.

The problem got solved after I delete kahadb directory. Not sure what
scenario might have caused this issue and even it could not be reproduced
again.

Let me know if anyone experienced the same issue. Also not sure how to
validate if this case had happens in production with millions of transaction
per day.

Is there a way I put defensive code in the consumer to ignore these
duplicate messages or how can I configure the monitoring tool to notify such
an issue?

thanks,
Sing