activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Timothy Bish (Closed) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Closed] (AMQ-2041) Producer blocks, JMX Stats wrong/buggy
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:44:45 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2041?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Timothy Bish closed AMQ-2041.
-----------------------------

    Resolution: Incomplete

No test case provided to help reproduce the issue.  Should retest this with a newer release.
                
> Producer blocks, JMX Stats wrong/buggy
> --------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQ-2041
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2041
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Broker
>    Affects Versions: 5.2.0
>         Environment: ActiveMQ 5.20 
> Windows XP
> Java 1.6.0_11
> Resin 3.2.1
>            Reporter: Kenneth Baltz
>             Fix For: 5.x
>
>         Attachments: JMX Console grab 1.jpg
>
>
> I'm doing some loading testing and finding some bad behavior in ActiveMQ.  Symptoms include
the producer blocking and the JMX console displaying wild values like >100% for MemoryPercentUsage
and negative amounts for QueueSize.
> Setup:
> I've got a simple Java class that sends Persistent messages to a Queue.  It's setup to
"flood" the server, sending 40,000 as fast as it can.  
> I have an MDB running inside Resin 3.2.1 consuming these messages.   I'm new to using
Resin for this, so it may be contributing to the problem.  Also, it appears to create 5 instances
of the MDB all listening to the Queue. 
> Behavior:
> First, I fire up the message flooder to start filling the Queue.  Then, I fire up Resin
and the MDB starts consuming the messages.  The behavior I've seen is that when I restart
Resin, the MemoryPercentUsage jumps to 280% and the producer gets blocked.  The MDB is able
to continue consuming message, but the Producer never unblocks.  If I purge() the queue via
the JMX console, it will free up the memory, but then the queue size goes negative as the
MDB continues to consume hundreds of messages.
> My  main concern is with the producer getting blocked and never unblocking.   
> I'll attach a screenshot of the JMX console showing some of the symptoms

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message