activemq-dev mailing list archives

From spenceee <spenc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible NMS Transaction bug Transaction GUID not Unique
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 05:46:40 GMT
Could you send me a link to how I could raise this as a JIRA bug?  I'm sorry
but I'm not familiar with the project etc.  I also didn't want to do that
until I was sure this was a defect, I wanted some peer review to ensure I
didn't do something stupid.

Unfortunately, this bug is difficult to reproduce in a unit test as it is
dependent upon the transaction manager.  You need something to force .Net to
enlist a transaction (as it will use PSPE and avoid it if possible) and then
you need heavy multithreading to connect fast enough to reproduce the bug.

But my original bug statement is very clear, if the broker ID changes on
reboot, the queue manager should use the Guid.NewGuid() anyway.  I say this
also because the transaction GUID is shared by all systems, not just
ActiveMQ which could cause further problems if you are allocating a GUID
that is not using the guaranteed globally unique algorithm.