activemq-dev mailing list archives

From srikanth03565 <srikanth03...@gmail.com>
Subject How to reattempt individual message
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:27:33 GMT
Hi,

I am implementing ActiveMQ Middleware using Queue based JMS .
I am facing individual message  Rollback issue from last few days

There are multiple message posted to my activemq and one i start
activemq my session starts reading messages.I am using individual
message acknowledgement.
i.e  qConnection.createQueueSession(false,
ActiveMQSession.INDIVIDUAL_ACKNOWLEDGE);

Once i receive message in my message listener i am sending message to
child thread and processing message there and processing is completed
i am sending acknowledgement.

But problem here is if any exception comes in middle of my message i
want to reattempt for that specific message.

I have tryed session.recover here but its recovering all messages on
that session which is wrong

Please look into my message consumer and listener
           Consumer class outline
public  QueueSession session = null;

public QueueConnection qConnection = null;
ActiveMQConnectionFactory(url);
 	qConnection = connectionFactory.createQueueConnection();
        session = qConnection.createQueueSession(false,
ActiveMQSession.INDIVIDUAL_ACKNOWLEDGE);
        QueueReceiver _receiver =
                    session.createReceiver(getTransactionQueue(session));
        _receiver.setMessageListener(getMessageListener());

       //my message listener
 	public void onMessage(Message message)  {
                //starting chaild thread etc
                if(doprocess()){
                        session.acknowledge();
                } else {
  //want to roll back/reattempt specific message
                }
      }

I have trayed same thing using Transaction by commit and rollback and
client acknowledge using recover but both
are doing for multiple messages
Please help me to resolve this issue

Thanks & Regards
Srikanth Reddy