activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Sam2222 <sam...@net-liard.com>
Subject Discovery without multicast (like on EC2)
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:40:13 GMT
Hi,

I try to use Active MQ on amazon EC2 Cloud environnement. I need to
add/remove broker at runtime.
On JMS client, I can't use failover like
"failover:(tcp://ip1:61600,tcp://ip2:61602)" because I didn't know neither
the number of broker nor their addresses.

So I try discovery with multicast : "discovery:(multicast://default)"
But multicast is not supported on EC2 :(

Anyboby work on new discovery method without multicast ?
Like a system where Broker have to register their IP address on a database
at startup and client use these addresses with failover.

Or I missed something easier to use Active MQ on EC2 ? :)

Thx

Samuel