activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Ozan Seymen <Ozan.Sey...@tdpg.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Apollo 1.0 Beta 4
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 07:29:33 GMT
+1

Note: On the homepage (http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/), there is a typo: "AcitveMQ's next
generation of messaging" - should be "ActiveMQ", surely? ;)

Ozan

-----Original Message-----
From: chirino@gmail.com [mailto:chirino@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Hiram Chirino
Sent: 29 June 2011 23:10
To: ActiveMQ-Developers
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Apollo 1.0 Beta 4

Hi Everyone,

It's been several weeks since the last Apollo beta release.  Since then several new and noteworthy
features have been implementing
including:

 * APLO-17 - Support message expiration
 * APLO-39 - Apply configuration updates to a broker without needing a restart
 * APLO-40 - Web interface should support editing all the apollo configuration files (log4j,
jaas, etc.)
 * APLO-41 - Expose JVM Status/Metrics via REST API
 * APLO-43 - Create an XSD to validate the apollo.xml configuration file.
 * APLO-45 - Support auto deleting idle queues and topics
 * APLO-47 - Add connection_counter, consumer_counter, and producer_counter metrics to the
management interface
 * APLO-50 - Support pre-creating durable subscriptions via the broker config file
 * APLO-55 - Add an option to enable strict validation of the configuration XML
 * APLO-57 - Track desired service state so you can stop a service which is still starting
 * APLO-60 - Support regular expressions in destination wildcards.
 * APLO-42 - File based JAAS login modules should cache file contents until changed.
 * APLO-44 - Eagerly create destinations which are explicitly defined in the server configuration
file.
 * APLO-46 - Include current/total page info when the REST interface returns a paged result
set

You can find the release notes at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12316522&styleName=Text&projectId=12311310&Create=Create

The new release candidate has been staged to nexus under:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-007/

Binary distros can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-007/org/apache/activemq/apache-apollo/1.0-beta4/

Source code distros can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-007/org/apache/activemq/apollo-project/1.0-beta4/

The build was tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-apollo/tags/apollo-project-1.0-beta4/

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/versions/1.0-beta4/website/index.html

Please vote to approve this release

[ ] +1 Release Apache ActiveMQ Apollo 1.0 Beta 4 [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific
comments)

Here's my +1

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/

This e-mail and any attached files are intended for the named addressee only. It contains
information which may be confidential and legally privileged and also protected by copyright.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not
copy or use it or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify the
sender immediately and then delete it from your system.

Please be advised that the views and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not reflect the
views and opinions of The Digital Property Group Limited or any of its subsidiary companies.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to check
this e-mail and any attachments to it for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any
computer virus which may be transferred by way of this e-mail. We reserve the right to monitor
all e-mail communications.

The Digital Property Group Limited is a Daily Mail and General Trust plc company.
Registered Office: Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London, W8 5TT.
Registered in England & Wales No: 02290527  VAT no. 243571174