activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Lionel Cons <lionel.c...@cern.ch>
Subject Changing Apollo's configuration without a restart
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 10:41:01 GMT
Hiram,

Pointing a web browser to /broker/config in the Apollo web administration
interface, I can see the apollo.xml file as well as an "Update" button.

I didn't find anything about this in the documentation, could you please
document what Apollo can do with regard to configuration changes?

On our side, there are two areas where we would really like to be able to
modify Apollo's behavior without a restart (= without downtime):

(1) changing the logging parameters (log4j.properties) to temporarily debug
    a problem

(2) changing the ACLs for instance to add a user (you can add it to
    users.properties but the ACLs are in apollo.xml...) or to block a
    misbehaving client

Cheers,

Lionel