activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Lionel Cons <lionel.c...@cern.ch>
Subject Re: Apollo schema validation
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:04:18 GMT
Hiram Chirino writes:
 > Done.  You should add an validation='strict' attribute to the broker
 > element to auto stop a broker which has an XML file which has
 > validation errors.

Thanks for this.

However, in my test, Apollo appears to fail silently. I added a buggy
attribute to one element and I get:

# service apollo start
Starting apollo
apollo is now running (31974)

=> so apollo appears to have been started

# service apollo status
apollo is stopped

=> but it did not (i.e. it failed/stopped just after the "successful" start)

# ls -l log/*.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 apollo apollo 0 Jun 30 07:59 log/apollo.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 apollo apollo 0 Jun 30 07:59 log/connection.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 apollo apollo 0 Jun 30 07:59 log/security.log

=> there is nothing in the logs...

Is there a way to improve the start script so that such a failure is detected?

Is it possible to log something somewhere?

Cheers,

Lionel