activemq-dev mailing list archives

From mserrano <mar...@attivio.com>
Subject Re: best place to start to write a master/slave exclusive consumer failover test?
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:40:45 GMT
I submitted  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3380 this bug  with a
unit test that demonstrates what I've observed.   Unfortunately I cannot use
a shared master/slave as the system I'm making this for does not have access
to shared disk.

It is really clear that I'm using the system in an unexpected way since the
"failure" is consistent.  Some questions:

Why does the chosen consumer in an exclusive consumer setup get switched
when the master fails?

Shouldn't an exclusive consumer's transaction get rolled back if it is no
longer the consumer?  If not, is there a way that a consumer can get
notified that it is no longer the exclusive choice?

Thanks