activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Detlef Richter <detlef.rich...@de.rhenus.com>
Subject Queue names with special characters
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:42:34 GMT
Hi there,

I wanted to provoke a message on usable characters in a queue name and
entered a name of "TEST&&123.4/5\66" into the "create queue" of the web
interface.
Was a bit surprised  when no message turned up and I really saw that name in
the queue list!

What was even more annoying was that I couldn't delete the queue using the
"delete"-link. I had to url-encode the name by hand and modify the
"delete"-link to be able to get rid of the queue.

Is that a bug or a feature that such characters are allowed to be entered as
queue name?

And if allowed, shouldn't the web interface be modified to cope with these?

Best Regards,
Detlef Richter