activemq-dev mailing list archives

From agujral <anurag_guj...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Expiry of messages in activemq
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 20:38:02 GMT
Does this means  that if we have lot of messages with expiry and somehow
consumer is not able to process them then they will remain and will not be
removed,the expired messages will continue to use disk space .

How do people handle this in practice since it can be possible that producer
is generating lot of messages which consumer is not able to process , by
design we want to expired the old messages and remove them from the
queue.Should we have a consumer which remove those messages.