activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Security of the management interface
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 20:29:02 GMT
Ok I think this is all resolved now.

access configuration elements.
The monitoring access level allows you to access management actions
which don't modify the broker state, while the admin access level also
grants you access to change the broker state such as killing
connections.

If a a resource such as a Queue does not have an acl defined it will
used the acl defined in the virtual host to figure out who can access
the resource. If the acl in the virtual host is not defined, then it
will use the acl list configured on the broker.

We are clearing out the password fields in the runtime configuration
which is access with this URL:
/broker/config/runtime.json
That is a version of the configuration which the broker was started
and has all property place holder variables resolved.

Now if you access:
/broker/config
That gives you the raw configuration file as it exists on disk without
any variable substitution performed.

So if you store passwords in the file, then they will get transmitted.
 But, you really should not be storing passwords in the clear on disk
anyways so you should replace those with property placeholders as
described at:
http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/documentation/user-manual.html#Encrypting_Passwords_in_the_Configuration

Regards,
Hiram