activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Lionel Cons <lionel.c...@cern.ch>
Subject Apollo, policy enforcement and plugins
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 06:04:06 GMT
Hiram,

We currently use a home-grown ActiveMQ plugin to enforce some policies. This
is very convenient and allows us, for instance, to impose a maximum message
lifetime, configured per destination. We could imagine other policies
(e.g. maximum message size) but we currently do not use them.

Do you plan to have some kind of policy enforcement in Apollo?

Since we could write this enforcement code ourselves for Apollo too, when
will you add support for plugins?

Here again, our needs are pretty simple. We in fact mostly need a kind of
"interceptor" that would see all the messages being received and be able to
either reject them or modify them.

We also have another experimental plugin for ActiveMQ used for monitoring
purposes. What we need here is the possibility to run some code from inside
the broker at regular intervals (e.g. every N seconds). Would this be
possible too in Apollo?

Cheers,

Lionel