activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Lionel Cons <lionel.c...@cern.ch>
Subject Re: Apollo startup script
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 13:23:45 GMT
Hiram Chirino writes:
 > I've just finished implementing that request.  The freshly deployed
 > snapshot will now create an apollo-broker-service script which can be
 > linked to your system's /etc/init.d directory.

Hiram,

This looks fine and the symlink trick allows to easily have several
instances of Apollo running on the same box.

However, for apollo-broker-service like for apollo-broker, I do not
really like to have to edit the scripts to configure some parameters
like APOLLO_USER or APOLLO_OPTS.

I would much prefer having a separate file that contains these settings.
For instance a file named ${APOLLO_BASE}/etc/apollo.conf that you could
source from apollo-broker-service and apollo-broker. What is your
opinion on this?

Cheers,

Lionel