activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tab...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Problems with activemq-cpp tags in subversion
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:45:00 GMT
On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 12:35 -0800, adam wrote:
> The only usable test environment I can offer is 64bit linux.  However, my ops
> people are giving me trouble over the automake/conf dependencies.
>
> Anyway, the main thing I am after to backport is AMQCPP-351 and the
> supporting changes it requires (which are much more extensive).  What I need
> is the correct 'failover' behaviors for updating and maintaining peer lists
> and backup connection lists.
>
> So, the particular change to 351 is easily doable, but all it really does is
> remove BrokerInfo as a source of peers.  The other half of that I need which
> does not appear prior to 3.3.0 is the handling of the ConnectionControl
> object and the rebalancing of peer URIs in FailoverTransport.
>
> If I could get those into 3.2.5, I would be very happy.  I'm working on a
> patch, but knowing there is clean unreleased code out there already is
> maddening :)
>
> -adam

Unfortunately that fix can't go into the 3.2.x fixes branch as it would
break ABI with previous 3.2.x release libraries since it add several new
methods to various classes.

There are some things that I would like to get into v3.3.0 before its
released but if I get enough reports of stability with trunk as it
stands I could push a release there and move on to 3.4.0 for those.  If
you want to beat up trunk for a bit and see if any issues arise that
would be helpful.

Regards

--
Tim Bish