activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Call ActiveMQBloblMessage.deleteFile() after ACK/commit
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:24:52 GMT
Hi there,

I'm currently looking into patching activemq to automatic call
ActiveMQBlobMessage.deleteFile() once a Message was successfuly
consumed from a Queue or Topic (all durable subscripters received the
message). The same should be true when an ActiveMQBlobMessage was
removed via JMX. So I'm currently try to get a clue what would be the
best place to handle that.

 I had a quick chat with Garry on IRC (#activemq) where I should get
started to have a look. First idea was
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue#acknowledge  and
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue#dropMessage. But after a bit
more talk it was clear it will not work for Topics (with durable
subscriptions). For this his idea was to add the support to the
MessageStore which should work. Anyway I think he was right when told
me he things maybe the best way would be to provide some kind of
callback from the store when a Message was deleted from there. With
this we could just implement this via such a Callback and would not
need to hack on to many places. Does this sound like something which
make sense ?

This kind of work is related to:

I'm happy for any comment or suggestions :)

Bye,
Norman