activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Suneel Papineni" <Suneel.Papin...@mettoni.com>
Subject Consumer Hangs
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:35:09 GMT
Hi,

Using ActiveMQ5.2 and NMS1.4.0., I created a client which acts as
Producer and another client which acts as durable consumer for a topic.
Producer starts sending messages to this topic, messages are received at
consumer. Now consumer is closed and producer sends persistent messages
to this topic continuously (stopped after reaching 1000 messages). When
consumer is re-connected, as these messages are persistent all messages
were supposed to be delivered to consumer. Instead Consumer application
got hang and unable to utilize that topic by any other producer or
consumer applications. Problem exists until hung application is closed
through tast manager and respective consumer details are deleted from
list of durable subscribers using ActiveMQ's web-interface.

Could anyone please let me know what is the reason for this. I tried
with changes to "destinationPolicy" in activemq.xml config file by
specifying "producerFlowControl="false"", still the same problem
persists.

Thanks & Regards
Suneel

the system manager.  http://www.mettoni.com

Mettoni Ltd
Registered in England and Wales: 4485956
Ashfords House, Grenadier Road, Exeter, EX1 3LH