activemq-dev mailing list archives

From oscarfh2 <osca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get the number of pending messages programatically
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:28:03 GMT

I talked with my project manager and we are going to use the JMX approach to
follow some standards we already have in the project.
I am able to connect, but I am having problems to call operations.

I have this code:

// Get MBean server connection
		ObjectName destMgrConfigName = new
ObjectName(MQObjectName.DESTINATION_MANAGER_MONITOR_MBEAN_NAME);

		// Create operation's parameter and signature arrays
		Object opParams[] = {};
		String opSig[] = {};

		// Invoke operation
		ObjectName[] objectNames;
		objectNames = (ObjectName[]) connection.invoke(destMgrConfigName,
DestinationOperations.GET_DESTINATIONS, opParams, opSig);

and get this exception in the last line:

javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException:
com.sun.messaging.jms.server:type=DestinationManager,subtype=Monitor
	at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1094)
	at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getClassLoaderFor(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1438)
	at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.getClassLoaderFor(JmxMBeanServer.java:1276)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$5.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1326)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.getClassLoaderFor(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1323)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:771)
	at
	at
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
	at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector$RemoteMBeanServerConnection.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
ActiveMQJMXConnectionTest.getMsgNumber(ActiveMQJMXConnectionTest.java:43)
	at ActiveMQJMXConnectionTest.main(ActiveMQJMXConnectionTest.java:24)

This makes me think it is completely wrong.
Would you know an useful link to help me?

tks,
Oscar