activemq-dev mailing list archives

From artnaseef <Arthur.Nas...@Ticketmaster.com>
Subject Re: BrokerFilter securing addBroker() via SSL certs?
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:55:37 GMT

Can this solution meet all of my needs?  Let me clarify the needs.

Authorized brokers must be distinguished from end-clients.  For example,
some clients will be limited in which queues and topics they are allowed to
access, which messages they may receive, and more.  On the other hand,
authorized brokers connected to the network will always be allowed to access
all queues and topics (at least, in the current design).

In addition, a separate system maintains the end-client permissions based on
information in the SSL certificate (DN).

Are user/password credentials applied to distinguish brokers?  I'm not
seeing user/password credentials in the test.

If the JAAS plugin can meet my needs, that would be great.