activemq-dev mailing list archives

From kseelam <>
Subject Checkpoint on High performance journal
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:29:44 GMT

We are looking at using High performance journal with JDBC as described  at

It mentioned that only outstanding messages will be persisted in the DB (by
batch) when the checkpoint tot he DB happens.

Could anyone explain how exactly the 'checkpoint' works? I did not find any
checkpointInterval attribute.
Also how the journalLogFiles and journalLogFileSize work?

We are looking at some design/architectural point of view and any reference
to any of the document would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all.