activemq-dev mailing list archives

From vivekmshukla <vshu...@epicor.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ issue across multiple domains
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 15:21:09 GMT

Thanks Gary. It sounds like a better solution since we are not sure
about the clock settings in customer environments. I will give it a try
and thanks again.

Regards,

Vivek Shukla

From: Gary Tully [via ActiveMQ]
[mailto:ml-node+2528052-1539365625-159800@n4.nabble.com]
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2010 4:32 AM
To: Vivek Shukla
Subject: Re: ActiveMQ issue across multiple domains

There is also the time stamp broker plugin that can help in this
scenario to update the message time stamps to match the brokers clock:
see: http://activemq.apache.org/timestampplugin.html

On 3 September 2010 19:35, vivekmshukla <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was able to figure out this issue. I just wanted to share my
resolution in
> case somebody faces similar situation in future.
>
> The issue was not related to domain or machine plateform at all. The
issue
> was due to the time difference in the system clocks on the domains
where I
> had my publisher and broker. The clock on the broker machine was ahead
of
> the publisher machine clock. So by the time the topic message was
reaching
> on the broker, it was already expired and my subscriber never picked
the
> messages. It worked perfectly fine where clocks on the machines were
in
> sync. In order to fix the issue, I ensured that machine clocks were in
sync.
> --

http://blog.garytully.com <http://blog.garytully.com?by-user=t>

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com <http://fusesource.com?by-user=t>

scribe_by_code&node=2525789&code=dnNodWtsYUBlcGljb3IuY29tfDI1MjU3ODl8MTY
wMzU2ODM3NQ==> .

Click here
<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
kJO1tIoJ7YV+fXPZ2RBe9ul04zm6IaiY6x0zZ1ZqAaZkbg==>  to report this email
as spam.

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior
permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses,
but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We
cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses. Any views and/or
opinions expressed in this e-mail are of the author only and do not represent the views of
Epicor Software Corporation or any other company within its group.