activemq-dev mailing list archives

From vivekmshukla <vshu...@epicor.com>
Subject ActiveMQ issue across multiple domains
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:48:19 GMT

We are using ActiveMQ topic based communication in our application. We have a
‘spoke and hub’ model in which both publisher and subscribers connect to the
ActiveMQ broker (hub) on the same port (default 61616). Our network is a mix
of multiple domains and there are situations when publishers, subscribers
and broker run on different plateforms (e.g. Windows server 2003, Windows XP
and Windows Server 2008).

If I put the publishers and broker in the same domain or on the same machine
then subscriber is successfully able to consume the messages published by
publisher whereas if I put publisher and broker on different domains then
subscriber doesn’t get the messages publishes by publisher. In all the
scenarios (same domain or across multiple domains), publishers and
subscribers never had problem connecting to the broker and I can always see
the connections established through ActiveMQ admin web-page. I would really
appreciate any help or directions on this issue.

Thanks,
Vivek Shukla