activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Gomes <e.se...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.4.0
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 00:15:26 GMT
Changing my vote to -1.

I have found what I believe to be a show-stopper issue.  It would be good if
someone else could confirm this.  I can consistently reproduce it on my
machine using sources that I have built myself from the 5.4.0 tag.

*Problem:*
If ActiveMQ in installed into a folder whose complete path has a space in
it, then all of the web apps will fail to start.

*Scenario:*
Install ActiveMQ into a folder named *C:\MyTest\ActiveMQ * (no spaces), and
everything works fine.  Shutdown ActiveMQ, and rename* C:\MyTest* to *"C:\My
Test" *(add a space between the two words), and then re-launch the broker.
 A series of java.net.URISyntaxException errors will be thrown complaining
about an "Illegal character in path at index xx".  It appears when
webapps/admin, webapps/camel, webapps/demo, and webapps/fileserver and
launching.  The broker then reports that it has started and appears to be
running.

*Environment:*
Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit)
Java JRE 1.6.0_21

I consider this a severe problem, as it is common to install applications
under the "C:\Program Files" folder in windows, which has a space in the
name.  Would someone else try to reproduce this problem?