activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Marcin Giedz (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (AMQ-2657) temp-queue - no producer, no consumer -> messagecount
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 01:36:57 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2657?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=61033#action_61033
] 

Marcin Giedz commented on AMQ-2657:
-----------------------------------

Hi Rob,

First of all I didn't get any notification regarding your comment so could react faster. But
anyway... 
1. What's the option in 5.4 for garbage unused destinations ? 
2. Regarding messages types: well I'm not a programmer but we use AMQ for Order management
System -> so we're sending "orders", "transactions" to and from exchanges. So rather text
messages max 1k -> is there a way to "mirror" messages to so exactly what is being sent?
3. We have now simple script in jruby to "clean" "unconnected" temp-queues" so in 5.3.2 there
is still this problem. I can test 5.4 if there is some relevant change to provide latest update
if you need?


> temp-queue - no producer, no consumer -> messagecount 
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQ-2657
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2657
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Broker
>    Affects Versions: 5.3.1
>            Reporter: Marcin Giedz
>            Assignee: Rob Davies
>             Fix For: 5.4.1
>
>         Attachments: activemq.xml, jms1.png, jms2.png, jms3.png
>
>
> HI,
> I tried the latest snapshot 12.03.2010, several producers and consumers. No matter what
I change in activemq.xml file I always end up with memorylimit and broker is "frozen". However
today I found one really strange thing. Maybe this is something wrong with what JMX says but:
several temp-queues with  ConsumerCount=0, ProducerCount=0 but EnqueueCount was getting up
and up and Dequeue was 0 all the time . This way MemoryPercentageUsage got to 100% and AMQ
said again something like this:
> 2010-03-16 15:02:28,455 | INFO  | Usage Manager Memory Limit reached on temp-queue://e0499daa-604e-227c-57c5-8a700a83d690:0.
Producers will be throttled to the rate at which messages are removed from this destination
to prevent flooding it. See http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html for more
info | org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue | ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:46737

> My config file is attached. All producers and consumers use CMS -3.0.1. and 3.1.1.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message