activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Caught unknown exception in activeMQConsumer.cpp
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:07:33 GMT
On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 06:47 -0700, manua wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am getting the following error, when processing the received message,
>
> caught unknown exception
>         FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQConsumer.cpp, LINE: 987
>         FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQSessionExecutor.cpp, LINE: 133
>
> My application is divided into three parts,
>
> 1. On receiving the message, its extracting the test message and passing
> that to json_spirit function.
> 2. The json spirit function converts the text message to a json and extract
> the various vector/map parameters. It then pass the extracted parameter to
> the Db Function.
> 3. The Db function takes the string as a input and accordingly fetch the
> data from the db.
>
> Its working fine till Step 2. In step 3, Db connection is made but the
> moment it hits the query part, I got the above error.
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is there a better way to do it.
> Please let me know your inputs.
>
> Thanks,
> Manu

Without seeing the code my first guess would be that your onMessage
method is throwing an exception somewhere in your step three which
propagates back through the ActiveMQConsumer to the
ActiveMQSessionExecutor.  I'd add some more exception handing in you
onMessage handler to see what your code is throwing.

Regards

--
Tim Bish

My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/