activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Timothy Bish (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Assigned: (AMQ-2682) apr_version and apu_version issues (apr) in configure file
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 23:01:52 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2682?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Timothy Bish reassigned AMQ-2682:
---------------------------------

    Assignee: Timothy Bish

> apr_version and apu_version issues (apr) in configure file
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQ-2682
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2682
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: CMS (C++ client)
>         Environment: Red Hat Enterprise 5, after installation of apache 2.2 (http-2.2.15)
>            Reporter: Jeff Mauldin
>            Assignee: Timothy Bish
>             Fix For: 5.4.0
>
>
> I was having difficulty running ./configure to set up ActiveMQ.  I am running Red Hat
Linux Enterprise 5 at Sandia National Labs.
> There were two problems.  First, the apr version I had on my machine, after installing
apache web server 2.2, was version 1.4.2.  The variable APR_VER_REGEXES was set up so 1.3.*
was expected, and 1.4.* was not.  The documentaion indicates that version 1.4.2 should be
sufficiently advanced.
> Second, the apr util version I had was 1.3.9.  When I changed APR_VER_REGEXES to expect
1.4.*, it started reporting that I had the wrong apr util version, even though I still had
APU_VER_REGEXES set to expect 1.3.*
> It turned out that there was an incorrect line, which worked okay if apr and apr util
had the same version.  The original line was:
>     if test `expr $apr_version : $apu_wanted_regex` -ne 0; then
> the corrected line is
>     if test `expr $apu_version : $apu_wanted_regex` -ne 0; then
> notice that the apr version (apr_version) was being compared to the apr util expected
regular expression (apu_wanted_regex).  I fixed it by changing apr_version in the line to
apu_version.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message