activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQP client library collaboration
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:25:18 GMT
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Bruce,
>
> One consideration that we identified is that this work will probably
>> need to take place outside of the ASF so that non-ASF folks can
>> participate (we each agreed that Github would be suitable).
>>
> -1 !
> I do not think this is a good approach to do this and we can always start
> this inside ASF as a sub project of Qpid and ask Non ASF folks be ASF folks
> !

I disagree with hosting it under either the Qpid or ActiveMQ projects.
This effort is separate from ActiveMQ or Qpid projects. It's focused
strictly on AMQP 1.0 protocol handling. In a perfect world this effort
would exist at the AMQP working group's website, but the working group
is strictly against the creation and maintenance of any reference
implementations. I suppose one other option is the creation of a new
project at the ASF, but the only way to do that is via the Incubator
and I'm not sure I want the encumbrances that that brings.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder