activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject AMQP client library collaboration
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:44:31 GMT
This week I spent a couple days at the AMQP face-to-face meeting in
San Diego (http://www.amqp.org/confluence/display/AMQP/2010+Face-to-Face).
Not only have I learned a lot about AMQP 1.0, but I also found that
some of the Qpid guys are interested in collaboration. The idea that
was suggested was a collaborative effort to create AMQP core client
libraries for C, Java and .NET to be used to create AMQP clients so
that we are not each reinventing the wheel. These libraries could then
be used by the ActiveMQ and Qpid projects (and possibly others) for
creating their own AMQP custom clients with custom features for each
broker implementation (without the need to worry about implementing
all the necessary handling for the core AMQP spec).

One consideration that we identified is that this work will probably
need to take place outside of the ASF so that non-ASF folks can
participate (we each agreed that Github would be suitable).

I'm interested in such collaboration but I'd like to know if others
are as well.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/