activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQP client library collaboration
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:54:28 GMT
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Mark Pollack <mpollack@vmware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to post the following message yesterday, but it didn't go through.  Trying again...
 We can create a mailing list or open forum for discussion on it - forum was already planned.

> There is currently a new Spring Extensions project that is under development that has
what you mention as one of its goals - a portable API in Java and .NET across AMQP vendor
implementations and spec versions.  Guess 'C' now needs to be included in that list...

> The code is located here
>
> https://src.springsource.org/svn/se-amqp-net
> https://src.springsource.org/svn/se-amqp
>
> Only the .NET version has tested the messaging abstractions across vendor and spec versions
using RabbitMQ and QPid.

> Some work in this direction was already done by OpenCredo (1) and they are now contributing
to this effort.  It would be great to get other people involved.  The intention is to get
a 'milestone' release done and publicize it more in the coming weeks.

> I think that this work could be a precursor to the AMQP spec defining an API for .NET/Java.
>
> For more information on Spring Extension projects in general, see http://www.springsource.org/extensions
>
> It is under the Apache 2.0 license and the SpringSource contributor agreement is the
same as the one for the ASF except the words 'ASF' have been changed to 'SpringSource'.

Hi Mark, thanks for the info! (Mark and I are colleagues at
SpringSource working on different projects). I wasn't aware that you
guys were creating a generic AMQP client. The stuff I looked at in
se-amqp seemed to be rather specific to RabbitMQ.

We should probably create a Google Code project so that we have a
mailing list and a SCM repo. That way we can accept contributions.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder