activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Pollack <mpoll...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: AMQP client library collaboration
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:38:35 GMT
Hi,

I tried to post the following message yesterday, but it didn't go through.  Trying again...
 We can create a mailing list or open forum for discussion on it - forum was already planned.

There is currently a new Spring Extensions project that is under development that has what
you mention as one of its goals - a portable API in Java and .NET across AMQP vendor implementations
and spec versions.  Guess 'C' now needs to be included in that list...

The code is located here

https://src.springsource.org/svn/se-amqp-net
https://src.springsource.org/svn/se-amqp

Only the .NET version has tested the messaging abstractions across vendor and spec versions
using RabbitMQ and QPid.

Some work in this direction was already done by OpenCredo (1) and they are now contributing
to this effort.  It would be great to get other people involved.  The intention is to get
a 'milestone' release done and publicize it more in the coming weeks.

I think that this work could be a precursor to the AMQP spec defining an API for .NET/Java.

For more information on Spring Extension projects in general, see http://www.springsource.org/extensions

It is under the Apache 2.0 license and the SpringSource contributor agreement is the same
as the one for the ASF except the words 'ASF' have been changed to 'SpringSource'.

Cheers,
Mark

(1) - http://www.opencredo.com/technologies/opencredo-amq