activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Timothy Bish (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Commented: (AMQNET-258) Getting Unknown Response ID errors in client log on failover
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:50:52 GMT


Timothy Bish commented on AMQNET-258:

Ok, the error logs are just a response to the State tracker restoring the connection state
by sending out some stored Commands that are flag as response required, but since this happens
below the Response Correlator the response trip that particular log message.  I will do some
work in the Failover and State Tracker layer to make those logs not happen so people don't
get confused.

> Getting Unknown Response ID errors in client log on failover
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: AMQNET-258
>                 URL:
>             Project: ActiveMQ .Net
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: NMS
>    Affects Versions: 1.3.0
>         Environment: Client side Windows 2003, NMS, ActiveMQ Client
> Broker ActiveMQ 5.3.1-fuse-01-00, Redhat Linux 64 bit
>            Reporter: Jonathan Anstey
>            Assignee: Timothy Bish
>         Attachments: activemq1.xml, activemq2.xml, nms-client.log,
> So the issue is that I'm getting "Unknown response ID" errors in my NMS client log. I've
attached the client as and the log as nms-client.log. I was running this client
on a Windows server 2003 system though any Windows box should do.
> The client is connecting with a failover URI like
> failover:(tcp://mendoza:61616?keepAlive=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0,tcp://mendoza:61617?keepAlive=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0)?initialReconnectDelay=100&randomize=false&timeout=15000
> The mendoza Linux machine has two AMQ brokers in M/S mode running on different ports.
Broker configs are attached. The M/S is set up using KahaDB pointing to a NFS share on another
Linux box. FYI to mount the share on mendoza I ran the following (pedro is another Linux box):
> sudo mount -o soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 pedro:/local1 /mnt/pedro/local1
> To get this whole set up running, you'll need to change over the brokerUri in the client
Program.cs to whatever host you are using and change the brokers to point to whatever NFS
share you have mounted. To reproduce the failure, I had this running overnight but could see
failures much earlier when I started taking down one broker at a time to start the failover
> Let me know if you need any more info.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message