activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jonathan Anstey (JIRA)" <jira+amq...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (AMQNET-258) Getting Unknown Response ID errors in client log on failover
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:13:52 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET-258?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=60254#action_60254
] 

Jonathan Anstey commented on AMQNET-258:
----------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply Jim. Answers inline:

bq. 1. I would be curious to see what the Java client would do in this fail-over scenario.

I didn't try the Java client from ActiveMQ directly but last week I had a Camel client (which
uses spring-jms under the hood) sending messages into these brokers without issue. I only
get these errors from the C# client.

bq. 2. What kind of error logs are produced by the broker, if any?

I could see no ERRORs logged in either broker.

bq. 3. It's not clear where the issue lies in this scenario. Is it a problem with the client,
or the broker's handling of failover? (This is where the Java client and the server logs would
be helpful in gaining some insight.)

I'm thinking this is a potential issue in the C# client because the Java client -> broker
scenario works.

bq. 4. Is there an actual semantic error? Meaning: what is the final disposition of the messages
being sent while the failover is occurring? Are any messages lost or duplicated, or any other
"bad thing"?

Now that I'm not sure of... in this simple test I am not verifying that all messages are handled
properly. Its possible to set that up though.


> Getting Unknown Response ID errors in client log on failover
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQNET-258
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET-258
>             Project: ActiveMQ .Net
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: NMS
>    Affects Versions: 1.3.0
>         Environment: Client side Windows 2003, NMS 1.3.0.1959, ActiveMQ Client 1.3.0.1965
> Broker ActiveMQ 5.3.1-fuse-01-00, Redhat Linux 64 bit
>            Reporter: Jonathan Anstey
>            Assignee: Timothy Bish
>         Attachments: activemq1.xml, activemq2.xml, nms-client.log, nms-client.zip
>
>
> So the issue is that I'm getting "Unknown response ID" errors in my NMS client log. I've
attached the client as nms-client.zip and the log as nms-client.log. I was running this client
on a Windows server 2003 system though any Windows box should do.
> The client is connecting with a failover URI like
> failover:(tcp://mendoza:61616?keepAlive=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0,tcp://mendoza:61617?keepAlive=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0)?initialReconnectDelay=100&randomize=false&timeout=15000
> The mendoza Linux machine has two AMQ brokers in M/S mode running on different ports.
Broker configs are attached. The M/S is set up using KahaDB pointing to a NFS share on another
Linux box. FYI to mount the share on mendoza I ran the following (pedro is another Linux box):
> sudo mount -o soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 pedro:/local1 /mnt/pedro/local1
> To get this whole set up running, you'll need to change over the brokerUri in the client
Program.cs to whatever host you are using and change the brokers to point to whatever NFS
share you have mounted. To reproduce the failure, I had this running overnight but could see
failures much earlier when I started taking down one broker at a time to start the failover
process. 
> Let me know if you need any more info.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message