activemq-dev mailing list archives

From dblwizard <david.lo...@pgi.com>
Subject PHP, REST and ActiveMQ
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 22:30:51 GMT

Howdy,

I am just getting started with ActiveMQ and trying to do a simple test of
adding a message to a que and getting a message from a queue.  Can somebody
give a couple of pointers.  Currently I am simply trying to do a POST to add
a message to an existing queue.

should the the url be something like:

http://localhost:61616/queue/TEST4

Where TEST4 is a queue name on my server.  Here is the PHP code that I am
trying to use:

	$url = 'http://localhost:61616/queue/TEST4';
	$body = 'dbltest message to test activemq';

	$options = array('method' => 'POST', 'content' => $body);
	$context = stream_context_create(array('http' => $options));

	echo file_get_contents($url, false, $context);

This doesn't work ... it just times out.

Thanks

dbl