activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ JMSPriority (AMQ-122)
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 20:32:54 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:26 PM, pmmerritt1 <pmmerritt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We had a need to use priority based queuing on a project I am working on and
> do not have enough time to wait on 6.0.0 to come out which is what AMQ-122
> states as the release date, so I took a stab at implementing it. Since I am
> not too familiar with ActiveMQ I was hoping that one of the developers may
> be able to pick it up and incorporate into a 5.3 release if at all possible.
> I ran the unit tests and they seem to run with the exception of issues with
> the SSL but I do not believe that is related to the changes I made.
>
> Here is the summary of the changes, all source files are attached:
> 1) Created class PriorityMessageDispatchChannel which replaced
> MessageDispatchChannel
> 2) Updated ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java and ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java in
> order to instantiate the PriorityMessageDispatchChannel instead of the the
> MessageDispatchChannel. This would be best done at runtime based upon a
> configuration option such as supportsJMSPriority, however I did not want to
> make that significant of a change until I could figure out the feasibility
> of getting it incorporated into ActiveMQ.
> 3) Updated ActiveMQConnection.java and ActiveMQSession.java to only set the
> message priority to the defaultPriority if it wasn't set on the Message.
> 4) Added a unit test ChangeSentMessagePriorityTest.java
>
> I have attached all of the source files to this post, please let me know if
> it is possible to get this into a release and if so if I can do anything to
> help make that happen.
>
> Thanks,
> Phillip Merritt
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28170545/ActiveMQConnection.java
> ActiveMQConnection.java
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28170545/ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java
> ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28170545/ActiveMQSession.java
> ActiveMQSession.java
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28170545/ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java
> ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28170545/ChangeSentMessagePriorityTest.java
> ChangeSentMessagePriorityTest.java
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28170545/PriorityMessageDispatchChannel.java
> PriorityMessageDispatchChannel.java

Please create a diff of your changes and attach it to the JIRA issue
as noted here:

http://activemq.apache.org/contributing.html#Contributing-Submittingpatches

Bruce
-- 
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
);'

ActiveMQ in Action: http://bit.ly/2je6cQ
Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Mime
View raw message