activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jeff Mauldin (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (AMQ-2682) apr_version and apu_version issues (apr) in configure file
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:31:08 GMT
apr_version and apu_version issues (apr) in configure file
----------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: AMQ-2682
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2682
             Project: ActiveMQ
          Issue Type: Bug
         Environment: Red Hat Enterprise 5, after installation of apache 2.2 (http-2.2.15)
            Reporter: Jeff Mauldin


I was having difficulty running ./configure to set up ActiveMQ.  I am running Red Hat Linux
Enterprise 5 at Sandia National Labs.

There were two problems.  First, the apr version I had on my machine, after installing apache
web server 2.2, was version 1.4.2.  The variable APR_VER_REGEXES was set up so 1.3.* was expected,
and 1.4.* was not.  The documentaion indicates that version 1.4.2 should be sufficiently advanced.

Second, the apr util version I had was 1.3.9.  When I changed APR_VER_REGEXES to expect 1.4.*,
it started reporting that I had the wrong apr util version, even though I still had APU_VER_REGEXES
set to expect 1.3.*

It turned out that there was an incorrect line, which worked okay if apr and apr util had
the same version.  The original line was:
    if test `expr $apr_version : $apu_wanted_regex` -ne 0; then
the corrected line is
    if test `expr $apu_version : $apu_wanted_regex` -ne 0; then

notice that the apr version (apr_version) was being compared to the apr util expected regular
expression (apu_wanted_regex).  I fixed it by changing apr_version in the line to apu_version.




-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message