activemq-dev mailing list archives

From pmmerritt1 <pmmerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ JMSPriority (AMQ-122)
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 19:48:25 GMT

I added the files as suggested using svn add and created a new patch file and
will upload it, however I cannot get to the issues.apache.org site right now
for some reason. As far as unit testing goes I did write a unit test
specifically to test priority "JmsPriorityTest". It sends 200 messages using
a modulus to send priorities 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 in repeating order and
then verifies that it receives them in the correct priority order
(10,10,10,10,9,9,9,9....1,1,1,1). In addition, I temporarily updated the
MessageDispatchChannelFactory to always return the
PrioritizedDispatchMessageChannel and ran some of the unit tests and got the
same results as before although I did not run all of them because the tests
using SSL will not run on my machine for some reason. Can you think of some
good tests already included in activemq-core that would be good to run with
a prioritized broker as well? Theoretically all of them should still run
with the PrioritizedDispatchMessageChannel as long as none of the tests are
specifying the JMSPriority, but rerunning all of them would be overkill. If
you can think of some specific ones that would be good to run again with a
Prioritized broker I will look into converting them to run both with and
without the useJmsPriority flag.

Thanks,
Phil