activemq-dev mailing list archives

From andythompson <and...@gmail.com>
Subject One message processing at a time
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 01:11:36 GMT

Hi there,

I have the following goal.

I have one process that puts say 3 messages onto a queue.
I then have a MessageListener with onmessage detecting these messages and
firing an action.
What happens is the listener monitors the queue, sees three messages on it,
then takes all three messages of the queue and spawns a thread for each and
fires the action at the same time.

What I want is that the listener takes a message of the queue, does
something, and then goes and gets the next message and so on. So it blocks
until its finished processing the message and processes them one by one.

Ive spent some time on google and the forums but if someone could point me
in the right direction id appreciate it.

Andy