activemq-dev mailing list archives

From jschmied <nab...@juergenschmied.de>
Subject needing new features for bridges
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:48:09 GMT

Hi!

We need a configuration where the clients can work independently, even if
out central message broker is down.

For this I would need some new features:

- I would like to be able to start the broker even if the foreign
destination of a queue bridge is not available. In this case a callback
could alert the user an could return a "continue" flag.

- I would like to have a callback to alert the application in case of a
failing destination of a queue bridge

- I would like to be able to restart a bridge even if it stops after 10
failures, maybe have a plugable/configurable strategy for reconnecting.

I wouldn't mind to implement it by myself.

At the moment no component of ActiveMQ has a callback to inform the user.
What would be the right way to do this?

Thanks

juergen