activemq-dev mailing list archives

From magellings <mark.gelli...@qg.com>
Subject Re: Apache NMS 1.2.0 RC1 now ready for download.
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:09:48 GMT

So when assigning a delegate (e.g. OnMessage) to the Listener event on the
message consumer, the framework can't pull for another message after the
scope of the delegate ends?  Is this how the java implementation behaves?
This isn't a big deal, we already were defaulting to doing pulls manually
with MessageConsumer.Receive if prefetch is set to zero.  I guess just in my
head I expected it to do it automatically even with the listener event
assigned.

http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

"Specifying a prefetch limit of zero means the consumer will poll for more
messages, one at a time, instead of the message being pushed to the
consumer."

-Mark