activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Are JIRA issue flooding your inbox?
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 02:30:19 GMT
Today I attacked JIRA with the goal of weeding out issues that no
longer apply. I worked through about 150 issues, closing many old and
unrelated issues, recategorizing others. Some of those issues (only 31
of them) have been marked with a version named NEEDS_REVIEWED. I've
created and shared a filter for these issues here:

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=11516

These issues need further attention. So I'm asking that you take a bit
to review just a few of those issues with the following items in mind:

1) Does the issue have a patch? If so, please dig in enough to
determine if the issue is still valid.
2) Does the issue have steps to reproduce? If so, please dig in to
determine if the issue is still valid.
2) Are there votes and watches on the issue indicating popularity? If
so, reconsider before closing an issue.

With all of us pitching into to do a little bit of work, the task will
get done faster. The goal of this exercise is to:

1) Mark issues for 5.4.0 if they still apply
2) Close issues that no longer apply
3) Close issues that don't have enough info to reproduce
4) Recategorize issues that simply request a feature with no other
info as type Wish

Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder