activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Weblogic integration
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 01:12:19 GMT
JMS provides a standard for how your code talks to a messaging
provider, but not how two messaging providers talk to each other.  In
fact there is no good way to transfer messages between the WebLogic
JMS provider and ActiveMQ (or between any other two JMS providers, for
that matter).  You would have to use a bridge that essentially listens
on WebLogic destinations and reposts messages to ActiveMQ or vice
versa.  I wouldn't recommend that.

The better way would be to completely ignore the WebLogic JMS
features.  You can deploy the ActiveMQ resource adapter in your
WebLogic application EAR and configure any MDBs in your application to
receive messages from ActiveMQ via that resource adapter.  You could
also arrange for any connection factories and destinations in your
application to point to ActiveMQ via that resource adapter.  I think
that would be the most reliable way to have a Java EE application use
ActiveMQ.

Thanks,
      Aaron