activemq-dev mailing list archives

From bpmuser <brian.mckin...@nrc.ca>
Subject Re: ActiveMq-Cpp deadlock recovery
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:01:32 GMT

>> Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?  Is there a way to
>> clear this deadlock without rebooting?  Any suggestions would be really
>> appreciated.
>
> Most likely cause is that you have producer flow control enabled on the
> broker and the client is being blocked because there is no more room on
> the broker for new messages.
>
> See: http://activemq.apache.org/my-producer-blocks.html
>
> Regards
> Tim.

Yeah this is the problem.  I deleted the topic on the activemq server and
everything started running again.  So topic messages are persistent?  I
thought they were only delivered to connected consumers or simply dumped.
Can I resolve this issue by attaching a consumer in my application as well?
Is there a smarter way of dealing with this?

Is there a good document I should be looking through before asking more
questions?

Cheer,
Brian!