activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <chir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ 5.3.0
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:24:46 GMT
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Bruce Snyder <bruce.snyder@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Dejan Bosanac <dejan@nighttale.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I've cut a release candidate for 5.3.0
> >
> > Could you review the release artifacts and vote?
> >
> > The release notes are here:
> >
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/ActiveMQ+5.3.0+Release
> >
> > You can get the binary distributions here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/activemq-staging-030/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.3.0/
> >
> > The Maven2 repository is at:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/activemq-staging-030/
> >
> > The Maven generated website for this version will be created first thing
> > tomorrow
> >
> > Source SVN tag:
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/tags/activemq-5.3.0
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release binary
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.3.0
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
>
> I'm seeing the following failure when building the source from the
> activemq-5.3.0 tag:
>
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: org.apache.activemq.protobuf
> ArtifactId: activemq-protobuf
> Version: 1.0

>  org.apache.activemq.protobuf:activemq-protobuf:pom:1.0
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  nexus-public-snapshots
> (http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public-snapshots),
>  nexus (http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public)

It's been deployed to a staging repo.  See my earlier reply about that in
this thread.

> Also, why has there been no discussion regarding the preparation for
> this release on the dev list?

Isn't that what what's going on now?

IMHO rolling release candidates is the best way to get folks engaged and
discussing the current state of the product and whats still missing.

As we have long seen in the History of ActiveMQ releases.. it typically
takes several release candidates before everyone's happy.  I guess this
first release candidate was no different!

That's why I'm grateful to anyone who take the initiative to start rolling
the release candidates.  They are basically taking on a tough job and
prodding the rest of to get involved the release!

We really do need to start doing releases more often.

> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print
> );'