activemq-dev mailing list archives

From ffrenchm <ffrench.mathi...@gmail.com>
Subject About ActiveMQ 5.3 and issues management
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:49:38 GMT

Hello,

I noticed that many issue from ActiveMQ 5.3 has been moved to ActiveMQ 5.4
and unscheduled. So I've the impression that ActiveMQ 5.3 will be delivered
soon. Am I false ? Where can I find the schedule of ActiveMQ 5.3 delivery ?

I noticed that for ActiveMQ 5.2 the delivery is based on a svn TAG. That's
mean no patch or SP delivery on this version. Will you apply the same policy
for ActiveMQ 5.3 ?

Finally I noticed that the issues I raised like many others has been moved
to 'unscheduled'. My problem is that for one of these issues (AMQ-2216) I
provided a correction with JUNIT test and I'm currently using ActiveMQ 5.3
with this correction. The aim of my work is to make work ActiveMQ at
production.
So I would like to get a feed back from ActiveMQ experts on this correction
and I would like to know your point on how I'm supposed to deliver ActiveMQ
if this correction is not scheduled on any ActiveMQ delivery ? From my point
it seems I need to work independently on ActiveMQ source code and finally
deliver a forked ActiveMQ which finally means:

+ a dubious correction report from ActiveMQ trunk on my side.
+ a fall of my motivation to provide correction and JUNIT test in order to
help ActiveMQ community as it's not enough to get a quicker resolution on my
issue.
+ finally a fall of potential commiters on ActiveMQ side (in this case me
because 'never say never' :).

I don't like this solution because I prefer to work with the ActiveMQ
community as much as possible. But as I've also delivery deadline I must
choose the most proper way to achieve my aim and today it's seems for me the
most proper way is to fork ActiveMQ on my side and work independently on
this fork.

Thanks for your answers