activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQcpp cms::Session::createTextMessage() function usage question with ISO-8859-1 strings
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:53:26 GMT
On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 17:42 -0400, Olivier Langlois wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> It is an old version 2.1.3. Are you refering to:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQCPP-235 ?
>
> but even with or without the bug, I still have my question of whether or not I am using
ActiveMQcpp API correctly.

> Is the createTextMessage() function expect UTF-8 strings or regular ASCII strings are
fine?

A methods in the CMS API that have string parameters expect standard C++
strings that have been populated with ASCII values in the range 0-255.
The UTF-8 conversion happens when the message is sent to the ActiveMQ
broker which is a Java application whose strings are encoded in modified
UTF-8.

Regards
Tim.

--