activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQcpp cms::Session::createTextMessage() function usage question with ISO-8859-1 strings
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:30:02 GMT
On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 17:24 -0400, Olivier Langlois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> An exception is thrown by the java receiving side:
>
> Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException
>         at org.apache.activemq.util.MarshallingSupport.readUTF8(MarshallingSupport.java:366)
>         at org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTextMessage.getText(ActiveMQTextMessage.java:86)
>         ... 17 more
>
> The producer of this message is using ActiveMQcpp and the string passed to createTextMessage()
is a string using the ISO-8859-1 charset and it is not encoded in UTF-8. That string can contain
characters with a value higher than 127 and may result into an invalid UTF-8 string.

> I have checked the activemqcpp HTML doxygen doc for this function to seek an answer but
the function description is omitting to specify the requirements on the function input parameter
string requirements. Is the function expect the string to be UTF-8?

Without knowing what version of ActiveMQ-CPP I can't give you a definite
answer there were issues in the 2.x versions with ASCII values greater
than 127, those have been addressed and should work either in 2.2.6 or
3.0.1.  If you continue to have problems with the latest version of the
client then I'd recommend opening a new Jira issue and attaching a
simple but complete test case that demonstrates the issue.

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish