activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C# Client Access
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:25:40 GMT
On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 14:16 -0700, BillWitt wrote:
> I am trying to access ActiveMQ from a C# client application. I am also using
> the Apache.Nms library to help me out with that.
>
> I've configured the broker by adding the following to the activemq.xml file:
>
> <transportConnector name="http" uri="http://localhost:8080" />
>
> But I am unable to connect to the broker and receive a
> NMSConnectionException with a message of "The transport http is not
> supported.". Code is as follows:
>
> Uri uri = new Uri("activemq:http://localhost:8080/");
> IConnectionFactory factory =
> NMSConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionFactory(uri);
> using (IConnection connection = factory.CreateConnection())
>
> What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

The C# client doesn't support communication with an ActiveMQ broker over
HTTP.  In order to do that a new HTTP transport would need to be added
to the NMS ActiveMQ client.  Currently you are limited to TCP based
protocols when using the C# client.

As always we welcome contributions to the project.

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish