activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ActiveIO 3.1.1
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:57:59 GMT
It might be a good idea to officially cancel the earlier vote and
start a new thread for clarity.

Anyway here's my +1 for the new release attempt, based on unpacking
and building the 2 source archives.  I hope someone is also checking
that the new release still works with activemq :-)

On Jul 15, 2009, at 1:58 AM, Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> regarding the previous release attempt, I upgraded pom to version 6
> and
> followed release instruction found at
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html

that looks pretty good.... I wonder if we are missing the following
from some appropriate poms:

<plugin>
   <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>2.0-beta-9</version>
   <configuration>
     <useReleaseProfile>false</useReleaseProfile>
     <goals>deploy</goals>
     <arguments>-Papache-release</arguments>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

> The source archive was in the staging repo (if we talk about sources
> jar
> file).

There are 2 kinds of source artifacts:
- source jars that are useful for IDEs to show you the source and
debug project dependencies (these were in the first release candidate)
- a source distribution that can be used to build the project (these
were missing)

The first are very handy and probably most used by actual java
programmers but the second are the only required artifacts for an
apache release even though they are unlikely to be useful for most
peoples day to day work.

> Anyhow, thanks for cleaning things up. I just created another release
> candidate.
>
> The staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/activemq-staging-009/
>
> The source repo is:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activeio/tags/
> activeio-3.1.1/
>
> It look fine to me, please double check that everything is in place
> now.
>
> I guess it's time to vote again, so here's my +1

Thanks for redoing the release!
david jencks