activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject maven build upgrade?
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:09:49 GMT
The build is getting a little out of date.  I'd like to update the
parent to apache pom 6 and make some related changes to use the most
up to date maven build recommendations.  This will make it a lot
easier to produce release candidates that follow the apparent details
of apache release policy.  It will also deploy snapshots and releases
to the apache nexus instance which is much much much easier to use
than the file based repo.

Also there's some stuff to produce source distros more or less
automatically.

If we agree on this I'll file a jira as a sub-issue of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896

, we also need a vote apparently.  We can update the pom and start
pushing snapshots immediately.

One other advantage of nexus is that we can use unique timestamped
snapshots rather than non-unique "SNAPSHOT" snapshots which can reduce
internal maven confusion a bit.

I'm primarily thinking of trunk here, I might be able to work on other
active branches a bit if I know what they are :-)

thanks
david jencks